Making a complaint

Your Experience of NHS Services

We welcome all feedback, positive or negative, about your experience of local NHS services, as this helps us to improve services for patients.

We need to know if you, your relative or someone you care for, has not received a good service. Please be assured that raising a concern or complaint will not affect your care or treatment in any way.

If you are unhappy with the treatment or service you have received from NHS services, you have the right to make a complaint, have it looked into and receive a response.

If you are pleased with one of the services commissioned by the Clinical Commissioning Group or wish to raise a concern, then please let us know by contacting us.

I have concerns I would like to raise, or would like information

You can raise your concerns immediately by speaking with the staff involved in your care. If you prefer, you can contact Patient Relations who may be able to help you resolve your concerns informally, without having to make a formal complaint.

Patient Relations can provide confidential advice and support to help you resolve queries and concerns about your NHS care. Patient Relations can also provide general information about NHS services.

Patient Relations are not able to help with social care complaints, although they can advise you who to contact.
Telephone:01652 251125
Address:Patient Relations, Health House, Grange Park Lane, Willerby, East Yorkshire, HU10 6DT

I would like to raise my concerns formally and receive a written response

Your complaint should be made to the NHS organisation who provided the service. If your complaint is about your primary care practitioner (GP Practice, dentist, community pharmacy or optician) you may complain directly to the practice, or contact NHS England. Their details are provided below.

You can make your complaint in writing, by email, or verbally. If you make your complaint verbally, you will be asked to sign and return a written record to ensure that you agree with the contents.

When should I make a complaint?

A complaint should be made within 12 months from the date it occurred or when it came to your attention. In some cases if there is good reason why you could not complain sooner and it is still possible to investigate your complaint, it may be possible to waive the time limit.

What happens if my complaint involves a number of different organisations?

If your complaint involves more than one NHS organisation or the NHS and social care, you only need to make one complaint and you will receive a single, coordinated response.

If any part of the joint complaint relates to a primary care service, (that is a GP Practice, dentist, community pharmacy or optician), the complaint will need to be raised with NHS England – their details are provided below.
Telephone:0300 311 22 33
Address:NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT
Website:NHS England

If your complaint is about a commissioning or funding decision you should send this to:
Telephone:01652 251005
Address:Patient Experience Manager, Health Place, Wrawby Road, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 8GS