The role of a PPG member includes:
- being a critical friend to the practice
- advising the practice on the patient perspective and providing insight into the responsiveness and quality of services
- encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
- carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice
- organising health promotion events and improving health literacy
- engaging in regular communication with the wider patient population
Patient Participation Groups play a vital role in helping to inform and improve local healthcare services.
If you are interested in joining a PPG, speak to your practice receptionist for details.